Big Data and Big Review
Client: Oil and Gas Corporate Client
Timeframe: 6 months
Volume of Data Received: 3 terabytes of data via FTP transfers over the course of 6 months.
Volume of Data Processed: 5 million records.
Review: Reviewed over 1 million records for responsiveness / privilege over approximately 90 days with 20 reviewers.
Produced: 27 production volumes totaling over 900,000 pages of images.
• Gulfstream successfully managed a large data intake process.
• The processing to review was extremely efficient given the large volume of documents.
• Quality control measures ensured successful processing.
• We collaborated with large review teams and legal teams to manage deadlines.
• Gulfstream’s production speed and accuracy helped the client meet deadlines.
Foreign Data and Active Learning
Client: Agricultural Corporate Client
Timeframe: 10 Months and counting.
Volume of Data Received: 5 terabytes of data via Media Shuttle from Europe.
Volume of Data Processed: More than 13 million records.
Review: 2 million records to review, applied active learning to prioritize review. As a result, review team had less than 200,000 records to review (10% of the original volume).
Produced: 1.5 million pages of images.
• Gulfstream’s inventory team solved challenges working with difficult Microsoft data transfers.
• We utilized analytics to minimize review time required, saving the client significant money.
• The production was fast and accurate, helping the client meet deadlines.
Unique “Scanned Image” Workflow
Client: Large Law Firm
Timeframe: Nearly 4 years
Volume of Data Received: 4 million pages of data. Data received was images scanned by client, with quality varying widely.
Challenge: Because the image quality varied, Gulfstream Legal’s inventory team reviewed and assessed images on intake.
Case team reviewed images and asked for pages to be removed for various reasons (quality, missing signatures, duplication, etc.).
Gulfstream seamlessly updated images and associated Text / Text indexes with no interruption in workflow.
• Gulfstream experts developed a solution-driven workflow to automate processes and create efficiencies.
• The scanned data was a unique way to receive data and Gulfstream attacked the challenge with a problem-solving mentality.
• Strong relationships between the client and the Gulfstream project managers meant the client trusted us to solve their unique challenge with the data.
Machine Image Forensics and Review
Client: Large Law Firm
Volume of Data Received: 5 full computers. Data came to Gulfstream on hard drives with “images” of computers forensically collected by the government years ago.
Challenge: Gulfstream needed to create a solution so the client can access these virtual images and investigate for potentially relevant data.
Volume of Data Processed: 400,000 records.
Review and Produce: In active review and production today.
• Gulfstream created an innovative solution to the unique challenge of making the data from virtual images of old computer hard drives available for discovery.
• The team at Gulfstream worked together effectively to meet the client’s tight deadlines.